Interested in booking the centre?
For all enquiries and availability please contact us at:
We are in the process of creating an online availability calendar - this will appear here soon.
- No party shall be accepted which is not under the leadership of an adequate number of competent adult leaders. Where mixed parties are in residence, both male and female leaders must be in charge. Careful consideration should be given to the ratios of leaders to children and the appropriate arrangements for the sleeping accommodation made.
- The Centre has adopted the Diocese of Carlisle’s Safeguarding People policy for children and vulnerable adults. It is a condition of booking that groups either use their own policy or agree to abide by the Centre’s policy, a copy of which will be supplied on request.
- A deposit is required to confirm the booking at the rates published on the booking form. The booking is provisional until the deposit is paid. The deposit is due within 1 month of receiving the booking form. If you are unable to pay within 1 month please contact the Centre Manager
- Charges are reviewed annually and published on our web-site.
- Cancellation of the booking will incur the following charges:
- Over six months: An administrative charge of £25.
- Less than six months: the deposit. Should the Centre be re-let the deposit will be refunded less the £25 administrative charge.
- Less than one month: the whole amount based on the minimum booking for the building(s) booked at the rate effective at the time.
- It is a condition of booking that Third Party insurance cover is obtained to meet any possible liability arising from accidents to members or caused by members of the party. Groups may wish to consider personal accident cover for members of their party.
- Leaders must agree to be responsible for the discipline and behaviour of their party at all times whether on or off the premises. The leaders are liable for all damage caused by their action or action of their party.
- The final payment is due prior to arrival. The cost of any damage to equipment, buildings or fittings must be settled before departure, except with agreement with the Centre Manager.
- Residents are expected to leave the Centre tidy. Rubbish to be taken to the designated bin area next to the Main Building. Used bedding to be taken off the beds and taken to the Laundry Room.
- Dogs are welcome by prior agreement and with the payment of the due charge. A maximum of 2 dogs is permitted per group. They are not allowed in the bedrooms. Owners are responsible for their control and cleaning up after them – please be aware that some users of the buildings may have allergic reactions to pets, so cleanliness is vital.
- Visitors need to bring their own sleeping bag/duvet and towels etc. We will provide a fitted sheet, pillow, protector and pillowcase.
- We will provide some consumables for the kitchen and bathrooms, groups will need to bring extra if you think you will need more.
- We provide 1 toilet roll in each toilet/bathroom.
- We will provide a bottle of washing up liquid for dishwashing (we provide all the detergent and rinse aid for the commercial dishwasher); dish cloth, pan scrubs, 2 tea-towels and an oven glove
- Groups should also bring a First Aid kit.
- Projection equipment, flip-chart easel are available in the main lounge. Please ask if you would like to use the Video Projector.
- Baby Equipment: we have 2 travel cots and 1 high chair (stored in the Bedding Store)
- There is a TV & DVD Player in both buildings. We do not have an aerial. (The Centre has a TV Licence for streaming)
- There is WIFI in both buildings
- There is a log burner in the main building lounge, you will need to provide your own logs & kindling.
- There is ample parking next to the main building, there is also a small carpark opposite the church which you are welcome to use. Please avoid using this carpark on Sunday mornings during the morning service at the church (10.30am - noon).
- Standard arrival time at the centre is 4pm departure is 10.30am. Times are negotiable depending on whether there is another group arriving/leaving the same day. Please contact Lisa (Centre Manager) if you would like to discuss times.
- The deposit is due within 1 month on receipt of the booking form.
- An invoice for the balance will be sent 4 weeks before the start of the visit. Payment is due 2 weeks prior to your arrive.